HCI to Explore Strategies for Fostering Workplace Innovation at 2014 Human Capital Summit & Expo
Captain Richard Phillips Leads Impressive Roster of High-level Keynotes from Proven Experts in Leadership and Workforce Management
NEW YORK (March 20, 2014) – The Human Capital Institute (HCI), the global institution for strategic talent management, today shared additional details about its upcoming 2014 HCI Human Capital Summit & Expo. Held at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. from April 8 -10, 2014, the event aims to highlight how communities, collaboration and social technologies drive innovation and high performance in the workplace.
In today’s economy, power has shifted from traditional institutions towards individuals and communities. Small start-ups now compete with enormous and established industry leaders, and traditional corporate hierarchies are flattening. At the same time, with the ubiquity of social networks, communication is no longer one-to-one, and learning has transformed into a social, community-oriented and continuous journey. The convergence of these factors has changed the way business is done, and employers must find new ways to spur collaboration, leverage social platforms and adopt the technologies that can lead to success.
The 2014 HCI Human Capital Summit will feature keynotes from some of the most prominent leaders and industry experts available. Among them is Richard Phillips, Captain of the Maersk Alabama, real-life inspiration for the movie Captain Phillips, and author of “A Captain’s Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs, and Dangerous Days at Sea.” During his engaging keynote, “Steering Your Ship Through Rough Waters: Lessons on Leadership from Captain Phillips,” he will share his compelling story and experience as a ‘floating CEO’ and draw lessons from the dramatic events he experienced that can help organizations thrive even in the most drastic times. Phillips will also discuss the vital importance of leadership and teamwork, combined with a belief in the power and potential of oneself and their team.
In addition to Captain Phillips, numerous thought leaders and industry game changers will be presenting keynotes at the summit, including:
- Mark King, CEO of TaylorMade and Adidas brands
- Charlene Li, New York Times bestselling author and influential emerging technologies thought leader
- Dr. Debra France, responsible for leadership development and learning design at W.L. Gore
- Doc Hendley, CNN Hero and founder of Wine to Water
- Cathy Benko, vice chairman and managing principal at Deloitte
- Perry Lieber, elite personal trainer and leader in the corporate wellness space
- Charles S. Luck IV, president and CEO of Luck Companies
- Mark S. Fernandes, chief leadership officer at Luck Companies
“As the business landscape continues to evolve, today’s employers must be able to identify the best practices, forward-thinking ideas and latest social technologies that enable their workforces to transform as well,” said Carl Rhodes, HCI’s chief executive officer. “We are pleased to offer attendees of the 2014 Human Capital Summit an unprecedented glimpse into the strategies that can facilitate workforce management in the new social economy and help leaders steer their teams toward success.”
In addition to high-level keynotes, the 2014 HCI Human Capital Summit & Expo will feature comprehensive educational sessions on the themes of Learning and Leadership Development, Workforce Planning and Business Strategy, Recruiting and Acquisition, and Engagement and Social Media. Each session is expertly designed to provide attendees with useful information to enhance their leadership skills and deliver key insights that will bring immediate improvement in their organizations.
The summit will also be host to a meetup for Linked:HR, the largest professional group on LinkedIn. Held on the conference level of the Dolphin Hotel on Tuesday, April 8 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., the meetup will give attendees the chance to network with each other and interact with the Linked:HR team.
The 2014 HCI Human Capital Summit & Expo is made possible by the contributions of many underwriters, including:
- Premier Underwriter: Pontoon
- Diamond Underwriters: Allegis Group Services; Globoforce; HireVue; Kenexa, an IBM Company; Monster; Oracle Pinstripe; Randstad Sourceright; RiseSmart; SkillSurvey and WOMEN Unlimited, Inc.
- Platinum Underwriters: Avature, Cornerstone OnDemand and Purchasing Power
- Gold Underwriters: Achievers, Bacharach Leadership Group, Beeline, Bonfire, BPI group, Desire2Learn, Elance, Fierce, Glassdoor, Guidant Group, Harrison Assessments North America, HireRight, HRmarketer, IESE Business School, Impact Achievement Group, InterviewStream, Jobvite, Qualtrics, Saba, ScottMadden Management Consultants, SmashFly, Spring International, SumTotal, Velocity Resource Group, Wiley and WilsonHCG.
Additional information about the 2014 HCI Human Capital Summit & Expo, including registration details, can be accessed at: http://www.hci.org/hr-conferences/2014-Human-Capital-Summit/overview.
About Human Capital Institute (HCI)
HCI is the global association for strategic talent management and new economy leadership, and a clearinghouse for best practices and new ideas. Our network of expert practitioners, Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 corporations, government agencies, global consultants and business schools contribute a stream of constantly evolving information, the best of which is organized, analyzed and shared with members through HCI communities, research, education and events. For more information, please visit www.hci.org.