A New 3-Day Curriculum for a New Breed of Talent Advisors
The conversation about HR having a “seat at the table” is over. The door is wide open and the Human Resources function has its seat; increasingly one being populated by HR Business Partners that are aligned with business units rather than, or in addition to a centralized HR function.
But for many organizations that have filled these roles with HR generalists, long on skills in the HR function but short on experience in other areas of the business, these partnerships are proving frustrating for both sides. Now, more than ever, HR professionals need a whole new set of competencies, some related to talent and some related to business to deliver the results their organizations are looking for.
The brand new Strategic HR Business Partners (sHRBP) Certification Program from the Human Capital Institute is comprised of three day-long sessions, each focused in an area critical to this HR/Business Line partnership.
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications
Session One — Building Financial and Analytic Capability
The first day in the program covers the increasingly important decision science of talent analytics. This skill is critical to recommending and making sound business-based talent decisions. The day is built on three important pillars:
- Building Financial Acumen — The language and thought processes used in making strategic business decisions
- Improving Financial Literacy — Identify the quantifiable benefits of talent initiatives and use the process the business requires to justify investments
- Acting on Meaningful Analytics — Build a Talent Scorecard that aligns key talent metrics with business objectives
Session Two — Strategies for Improving the Workplace through Engagement, Collaboration & Retention
The second day in the program, Strategies for Improving the Workplace through Engagement, Collaboration and Retention, is centered on the important advances in talent practices made since many business leaders attended "B School." This course encompasses three main topical areas that transform these behaviors from nice benefits to “must have” business drivers and presents the logic and methodology necessary for you to transform the work of your business unit leaders.
- The ROI of Engagement, Collaboration and Retention — How improvements here pay for themselves over and over and how to make that case to your leadership team
- Building Trust & Transparency — The key traits that business leaders must possess in this area and how to help them build and improve them
- The Eight Drivers of Improvement in ECR — Turning Values into Observable Behaviors
Session Three — Consulting & Execution Skills
The third and final day in the program covers the important set of skills and competencies that HR Business Partners must possess in order to move from being a serive provider to a partner capable of full participation in business outcomes. It is not enough for HR to proscribe a series of activities for employees, they must be able to build coalition and effect change. This course, entitled Consulting & Execution Skills, covers these key areas:
- Execution & Change Management — How to accelerate and drive change
- Influencing Skills — Learn how to move audiences and recognize the stages involved in acceptance
- The Migration of the HRBP — Understand the next steps involved in implementing your new capabilities toward business impact.