Q. How do I get the webcast to play? When I click the link it takes me back to the webcast registration page.
The webcast will start at the top of the hour. If you reach the page early, simply refresh your page at the webcast start time in order for the player to appear. HCI's live webcast presentations are streamed using the Ustream platform. Live webcasts start at the top of the hour in EST (New York) time.
Q. Who can view HCI webcasts?
Community Membership on hci.org is complimentary; all Community Members can view live and a selection of On Demand HCI webcasts free of charge.
Q. How long are webcast presentations on hci.org?
All webcasts last approximately one hour; 45 minutes for the main presentation and 15 minutes for Q&A.
Q. Can I view an HCI webcast on my smartphone or tablet?
Yes! You can now watch HCI webcasts on your PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet.
Q. Do HCI's webcasts earn HRCI credit valid towards outside re-certification?
Yes! HCI's webcasts each earn 1 General HRCI credit. These credits are tracked under the "Transcript" tab in your HCI account.
Q. Are On-Demand webcasts eligible for HRCI credit?
Yes! Webcasts viewed on demand as of March 2014 will earn HRCI credit. These will appear in the "On Demand Webcast" section of your transcript. We are unable to award credit for on demand webcasts viewed before March 2014.
Q. I see the webcast name in my transcript, however the HRCI code is missing.
HCI webcasts are pre-approved in advance of the live presentation. However some codes take longer to process than others. Once the code has been processed it will automatically populate in your transcript. Please allow up to 2 weeks for the HRCI code to be populated. You can also submit the webcast directly to your accrediting institution for credit so long as the name of the webcast and date of viewing is provided.
Q. Where will the audio for the webcast come from?
The webcast audio will come through the speakers on your device, please make sure the volume is turned up. There is no additional bridge line to call in to.
Q. Which web browsers are supported?
We recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. For members using Internet Explorer, you must be using IE 10 or higher. If you do not have IE 10 please click here to download.
Q. I can't see video, what do I do?
Depending on the speed of your computer and Internet connection, please allow 30 seconds for the player to load. If the video is still not loading:
- Right Click on the player
- Click Settings
- Click Tab on far left (computer screen with play button)
- Uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration"
- Refresh your browser
- Hover mouse over player and click on "High" and reduce to "240"
Click here and follow the steps outlined on that page to make sure that you have an updated version of Adobe Flash Player installed.
Q. What if I see an "off air" message?
If you see an "off air" message displayed on the player while the webcast is airing, this could be due to blocked proxy ports on your network. To learn more about this topic and ensure that you have the necessary ports open for viewing, please click here.
You may need to connect with your IT department or system administrator to determine if the ports on your network are open.
Q. I can't hear the audio, what do I do?
Confirm that your speakers are turned on and turned up. Hover your mouse over the player, on the left is a volume slider. Please make sure that is turned up all the way.
Still having problems:
- In the windows taskbar on the bottom right, click the speaker icon and then click "mixer".
- Make sure device says "speakers" and is turned all the way up.
- On the right should be sounds coming from different applications, make sure Internet Explorer (or any other browsers) volume is turned up.
- NOTE: Each tab you have open in your browser will show up with different volume control, make sure all are turned up.
Q. I hear an echo- where is it coming from?
Make sure you don't have two tabs in your browser open with the video playing.
Q. I can't vote on Polls, what do I do?
- To view polls you must be running IE 10 or higher, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Polls are located on the right hand side of the page.
- Try refreshing your page.
- You can also open a new tab in your browser and go to http://www.polleverywhere.com/hciwebcasts, polls will show up there as well.
- You can also send in your vote via SMS texting, with the provided information on screen.
Additional questions? Please contact member services at 1-866-538-1909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.