The Reinvention of Government Talent Management in Crisis
When: September 27–28, 2011
Price: $295 Virtual Attendance
Presentations and Videos available for 30 days beginning 10/17/11
Download the Brochure for the Virtual Agenda
Spending agreements, pay freezes, tax cuts, budget crises, hiring stops, smaller government: all this equals major talent management challenges for federal agencies. Additionally, in the 2011 State of the Union address, President Obama issued a call to action; the U.S. must be number one again and this must start with every citizen, every business, and every agency. The President quoted Robert F. Kennedy by saying: “That's what Americans have done for the past 200 years; we've reinvented ourselves."
The solution to all of these challenges isn't possible without the right human capital. With 60% of the workforce including 90% of senior leadership in government eligible to retire by 2015, the importance of attracting and retaining talent is imperative. Workforce planning is now an absolute necessity and, a federal mandate. Gov 2.0 does aid citizen collaboration and communication and must be leveraged to allow federal leaders and CHCO's to deliver more with less and work smarter, faster and more efficiently. The HCI Government Talent Summit focuses on how federal leaders can use talent management to propel our Nation forward in challenging times.
Sign up now! Click here to add it to your cart.
For additional information, or if you would like assistance with registration, please contact Barbara Sumanis anytime at 866.538.1909 x2683.
The Exhibit Hall is where the exhibitors show their products and services. Speak with a salesperson, view videos and other presentations, look at brochures, documents, catalogs and if desired add them to your briefcase and download them when you leave the marketplace. The Exhibit hall is divided by aisles, each designed by the Promoter to make finding the products and services you are searching for very efficient. There are two search functions in the Exhibit Hall. Use the Search tab at the top of the Exhibit Hall page to go to a specific booth, aisle or to input an item you are looking for and find the booths related to that item. Then build an aisle (Create Aisle button) with just those booths. Use the Aisles pop-up located on the bottom of the booths (left side) to go to a specific aisle quickly.
After you click on the Exhibit Hall you are transported to the first aisle.
- To walk up and down the aisle — simply place your cursor between the booths and move it horizontally to the left or the right towards and over the two translucent arrows on each side of the screen. To Stop — move the cursor to the middle of the screen.
- To jump to a specific aisle — mouse over the Aisles pop up in the bottom left corner, below the booths, And it will pop open a list of the available aisles. Use the bar at the right to move down the list to see more available aisles. Click on the desired aisle and you will be transported there.
- To enter a booth — click on the middle image of the booth. Once inside you can click on any of the playlist videos and images. Click on the available content categories and see the information provided. Click on any document or video to view that item. Also if there is a + sign to the left of the item then you can add it to your briefcase to review at a later time or download to your desktop.
To add to your briefcase, click on the + sign.
Search Tab — At the top of the screen next to the briefcase tab there is a search tab. Use this tab when you want to go to a specific booth, see a list of all booths and aisles or if you want to search for a particular item.
- To Search for a booth — Click the + sign next to the word Booth and then click on the desired booth
- To Search for an Aisle — Click the + sign next to the word Aisle and click on the desired Aisle
- To Search for a Product — Type in the search box the search string or word and hit submit. A list of applicable booths is provided. Click on any booth to got to that booth or click on Create Aisle to create an aisle with your search results.
The Media Library is where all types of images and videos are stored on different categories and subcategories. Click on the item and view it in the player. Click the icon in the Related Info area to see more information or to email the author. The Media Library will also allow you to upload your own contributions to the library. Click the upload button in the right corner. Remember any content you upload still has to be reviewed by the Promoter before it is published in the player. This may take several hours or days.
When you enter the Media Library you are presented with the video player console. You may select category, subcategory or view all to find a video you are interested in viewing.
- To view a video or image — click on the video and it will appear in the player. Images and other content will either appear in the player window or will appear in a separate window.
- To make a video or image full screen — mouse over the image or video and pressing the symbol with the four outward facing arrows.
- The Related Information Tab — located on the bottom of the player, if an icon is present, will provide you additional information such as articles, documents or websites that contain additional information on the video or image. The Media Library player also allows for users to upload their own video into the player.
- To upload a video — click the upload button on the far right side of the player and input the information requested.
The Auditorium is the place to go on live event days to see the live presentations and Track A, when there are concurrent sessions. Afterwards, all the presentations may be seen on demand by selecting the presentation and clicking on the launch button. Mouse over the different thumbnails for more information.
When you enter the Auditorium you are presented with the stage and podium. The presentations are presented as thumbnails under the video player.
- To select a video — mouse over any thumbnail to see a popup with information about that video, click the thumbnail to load the video into the player and hit the Launch button. The video will begin to play. If there are synchronized slides or images they will appear along side the video. Mouse over the video at anytime to see controls that will allow you to Pause, Stop and Play as well as a time line. A list of available tracks is also provided on the right side of the screen.
The Learning Center is the place to go on Tuesday afternoon, May 17th for Track B concurrent sessions. Afterwards, all the presentations may be seen on demand by selecting the presentation and clicking on the launch button. Mouse over the different thumbnails for more information.
When you enter the Learning Center you are presented with a classroom with a stage and podium. The various classes and presentations are presented as thumbnails under the video player.
- To select a video — mouse over any thumbnail to see a popup with information about that video, click the thumbnail to load the video into the player and hit the Launch button. The video will begin to play. If there are synchronized slides or images they will appear along side the video. Mouse over the video at anytime to see controls that will allow you to Pause, Stop and Play as well as a time line. A list of available sessions is also provided on the right side of the screen.
The Networking Lounge offers you the opportunity to engage with other Conference attendees. You can see a list of other Lounge visitors and engage in a live chat session; or leverage social networking tools like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to see what others are saying about the Conference. Connect with like-minded attendees to make your virtual experience even more rewarding.
Where to Get Help
As you explore the marketplace you may find you require assistance. There are several ways to access the support functions available in the marketplace. First use the chat and ask questions of the participants. If you are in a booth use the booth chat function. In the Lobby click on the Information Booth to see the information provided in this message.