Great HR leaders never worry about having at seat at the table in their organizations because they bring data-driven insights to help leaders improve operations, fuel innovation and execute on organizational goals. In this video, Dan L. Ward, co-author of Positioned: Strategic Workforce Planning That Gets the Right Person in the Right Job and Principle and Senior Strategist for Human Capital Capabilities at the MITRE corporation, shares his insight on how leaders can use workforce planning to propel their organizations forward.
Key insights include:
- A list of descriptive human capital data that are essential building blocks to delivering analytical insights
- Examples of data-driven insights HR can use to make an impact on the organization
- How to begin the planning process with a clear, measurable definition of success in mind
- Why the increased use of contractors and outsourcing may require a more nimble “Flash Mob” approach to strategic workforce planning
- How John Kotter’s change management principles apply to strategic workforce planning initiatives