Leaders in all organizations are struggling to effectively lead in times of gut-wrenching change. This is especially true of organizations grappling with changes driven by Health Care Reform. In this environment, organizations must ensure leaders at all levels take personal accountability for leading change and fulfilling their obligations. In this Keynote Video, Adri Maisonet-Morales, Vice President of Enterprise Learning and Development at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, explains how this organization is aligning leadership development to major shifts in culture, values and business strategy.
Key insights include:
- How BCBSNC’s new CEO uses short videos to communicate his strategic direction and cultural transformation with leaders and employees.
- BCBSNC’s process for identifying and defining the three essential competencies that would be crucial for enabling leaders to support the CEO’s vision.
- How BCBSNC cascaded their communication of these competencies from the senior leadership team down through a series of interactive learning forums.
- BCBSNC’s innovative tactic to create accountability and commitment among leaders by allowing them to choose whether or not to participate in the new leadership vision.
- A discussion of BCBSNC’s ongoing strategies to sustain momentum and impact over the long term.