In most organizations, learning strategies are usually geared toward the continued growth and development of individuals. But what about growing and developing great teams? In this Executive Interview, Julie Holbein, Director of Talent Management at Cardinal Health describes how, during a time of major transformation for the business and the HR function, this global organization designed and implemented the Team Journeys initiative to increase the abilities of teams to communicate and collaborate with each other.
Key insights include:
- A discussion of how Team Journeys began at the request of managers.
- The four components of Team Journeys and how HR consults with leaders to provide experiences tailored to the needs of any given team.
- A deeper dive into Cardinal’s “New Leader Assimilation Sessions” and how they are used to bring employees’ concerns, misconceptions and questions about new managers to the surface in a safe environment.
- How Team Journeys can impact employee engagement and performance.
- Best practices for securing leadership buy-in to begin your own Team Journey initiative.