According to former Google CEO, Eric Schmidt, humans now create as much information in two days as they did from the dawn of civilization to 2003. In an environment with unprecedented levels of complexity and volatility, an organization’s ability to understand, predict and respond to change is essential to its continued survival and success.
In this keynote video, author, thought-leader and socio-biologist, Rebecca Costa explains the danger complexity poses when it outpaces an organization’s cognitive capabilities and how it leads to gridlock, confusion, irrational policies and, ultimately, collapse. To avoid this fate, Costa identifies five new and emerging technologies with the potential to radically transform the way organizations make decisions about people, strategy and operations.
Key insights include:
- What the decline and fall of Mayan civilization can teach modern organizations about responding to increased complexity.
- How Big Data Analytics will continue to transform the acquisition, development and retention of top talent.
- Why leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the next logical step for Big Data Analytics.
- An overview of facial recognition technology and its potential applications for the recruiting function.
- Why nanobots are poised to revolutionize a variety of industries (e.g., healthcare, agriculture, etc.) and completely change the global talent market.