Jeffrey Barnes, Leader, Crotonville Corporate Campus, GE
GE is well known for their success in leadership development. This is exemplified both by their internal leadership pool, and by GE trained leaders who are employed by other companies around the world. The turn of the 21st century sent GE on a new talent management journey when they realized they needed to reinvigorate their leadership training in order to develop leaders for the future.
In this session, Jeff Barnes, Leader of the Crotonville Campus, will share GE’s journey, some of the lessons learned along the way, and the company’s goals for the future including:
- A commitment to learn from other organizations and industries when embarking on their journey such as academia, government officials, NGO leadership teams and more.
- Review of growth values to ensure they are contemporary and reflective of today’s realities.
- The creation of an understandable and practical leadership philosophy.
- Simplification of the leadership learning processes with a focus on being both global and local.
- A major renovation of their historic Crotonville Campus in New York with greater emphasis on employee well-being and creativity.