Kaiser Permanente is a large and complex organization with a highly-matrixed management structure. This creates challenges in aligning workforce planning efforts with KP’s broader organizational strategy, and engaging the right stakeholders to do the work. In this HCI Keynote video, William Gilmyers, Workforce Planning Director for the Northern California Region at Kaiser Permanente, shares how a grassroots approach to workforce planning can help get things done in your organization.
- Understand the key partners and skilled players necessary to make workforce planning happen.
- Define the questions you need to ask and identify who has the answers.
- Help the business understand the different types of talent risks it faces and how to respond.
- Understand that, even if you don’t have the executive support you want, you’re not dead in the water.
- Work with non-executive leaders and managers to make progress when executives don’t have the bandwidth.