LeapFrog Investments is a specialist investor in high-growth companies in Asia and Africa, employing a profit-with-purpose investment strategy to reach some 91 million consumers across 22 countries. A hyper-growth young firm, LeapFrog has tripled its head-count in the last three years, and now has offices in the UK, Singapore, Australia and South Africa.
Liana Gorman, Head of People, joined LeapFrog in 2014, with a brief to build the People function from the ground up. LeapFrog is a bold and insurgent firm with no head office, a distributed leadership model and a constant need to build its team ahead of expansion. Liana has helped LeapFrog to recruit and develop a high-performing team of People professionals, attracted to LeapFrog’s magnetic proposition: profit with purpose. LeapFrog has since tripled the size of this team.
Liana believes that today’s top talent has a new ambition. They look beyond the transactional and towards the purposeful. Their thinking has no borders. And they think in an integrated way about professional and personal development. These factors have massive implications for the new Global People function.
You will hear insights on:
- The power of purpose: Why and how a magnetic idea can attract an outstanding team
- Borderless thinking: Why you need to be as global as your people
- Avoiding policy policing: Trusting creativity and empowerment
- Integrating the personal and professional: Developing the whole person results in a stronger team
- Developing a new ambition: Rethink your values and ambitions as a People leader