Leadership Development & Succession Strategist (LDSS) Certification
Why You Should Attend
Accelerate leadership readiness and
cultivate talent for sustainable future growth.
As an HR professional, you know how important effective leadership is for an organization to be successful. To ensure that you have the right leaders in the right places at the right time with the right skill, there needs to be intentional leadership development.
In this course, you will learn how to build a program that creates leaders faster than traditional training and development programs. You’ll come away with specific steps to take and tools to help you implement them.
If your organization does not have a formal leadership development program, you struggle with finding successors to critical roles, or the leadership pipeline is very short, you’ll find practical solutions to those issues and more in this class. Best of all, you’ll be able to accelerate leadership development—and that will be good news for your clients!
What You'll Learn
Solve Leadership Pipeline Issues
Become the go-to, organized resource on succession management and talent availability in your organization.
Implement Retention Strategies
Adopt strategies to improve the mobility and retention of high performing employees.
Improve Employee Engagement
Increase employee engagement through active participation in a meaningful, transparent career development process.
Expand your organization’s ideas of leadership development so that a diverse mix of activities are considered—not just formal programs.
Reduce vacancies that present business risk and un-targeted, wasteful leadership development efforts.
What to Expect
- Select training dates and times that fit your schedule; offered as a 2-day program or as a virtual series with half-day sessions delivered over 4 weeks
- Learn more about the virtual series format
- Access log-in information, certification materials (participant guide and toolkit), and the exam in your MyHCI profile
- Chat and interact with your facilitator and peers via Zoom platform available on mobile or desktop for the virtual training option
- Earn your HCI certification by attending all of the sessions, complete all classwork, and pass the multiple-choice exam with a score of 80% or higher
- Renew your HCI certification every three years by obtaining 60 credits
- Attend this training and earn 13 HCI, 13 HRCI, 13 SHRM, and 13 ATD recertification credits
- The state of leadership
- Trends in leadership development
- HCI’s Strategic Leadership Readiness Approach
- Aligning business strategies with leadership capability
- Scanning the environment
- Analyzing your business strategy
- Identifying skill, competency, and capability requirements for leaders
- Sample leadership models and frameworks
- Using data to identify critical roles and assess leadership risk
- Identifying and evaluating talent for critical and leadership roles
- Recommending strategies that reduce bias and ensure objective, data-driven talent decisions
- Determining where you can develop talent to build deep leadership pipelines
- Recommending diverse approaches to rapidly grow and develop your talent
- Ensuring that development experiences align with competency models and career pathways
- Equipping managers to support growth, mobility, and development
- Guiding leaders and managers to have more effective feedback and development conversations
- Developing and implementing a communication plan that makes succession activities visible and transparent
- Creating a culture that supports leadership development and succession management
- Using existing systems and data infrastructure to support your program
- Defining success measures and collecting outcome data for leadership readiness activities
- Planning next steps