Empowering People Leaders (EPL) Certification
Why Should You Attend?
As an HR professional, you play a key role in supporting the relationship between people leaders and their teams. You understand that people leadership is about more than submitting performance reviews and tracking team metrics. It’s about managing team members to work effectively together and achieve results.
You also know that team performance is often hindered by fuzzy expectations or unclear alignment to a larger strategy—not to mention that front-line managers are often underserved when it comes to development.
In this course you’ll learn what makes teams effective and how to prepare people leaders to apply these practices to their team leadership. You’ll receive practical tools that you can share right away with people leaders.
Assess and Develop People Leaders
Upskill your people leaders with tools and feedback in the areas where they need it most.
Connect Teams to a Larger Purpose
Guide people leaders to give purpose to their teams’ work by articulating the link to business strategy.
Intentionally Design Teams
Partner with people leaders to design teams with a clear purpose and unambiguous expectations.
Optimize Team Interaction
Enable people leaders to build skills and behaviors that allow for positive team dynamics and productivity.
Encourage people leaders to build relationships and exhibit leadership behaviors.
Who Should Attend?
The EPL curriculum is designed for HR leaders and practitioners seeking to elevate personal proficiencies, establish HR as a driver of growth and development for managers, and promote engagement through effective team leadership.
Sample titles include:
- Senior HR Business Partner
- HR Business Partner
- HR Generalist
- Coaching & Talent Development Practitioner
- L&D Practitioner
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications
This certification has been approved for 13 Business recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
SHRM has pre-approved this certification for 13 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Human Capital Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠.
- People leadership defined
- The Three I’s in effective teams
- Building trust and creating a sense of purpose
- Design teams intentionally
- Leverage diversity and act inclusively
- Address challenges with team design
- Empower the team to choose methods for accomplishing goals
- Foster and reward a team mindset
- Train and develop team members on the skills and knowledge that meet their needs
- Coach and provide feedback to team members about their effectiveness
- Leverage relationships within and outside of the team
- Evaluate outcomes and behaviors
- Model the right behaviors
- Prepare to implement concepts and tools
- Document an action plan