3:45pm- 4:25pm Building a Culture of Belonging: A Toolkit for Driving Inclusive Conversations with Managers
A study reflected that 94 percent of people have worked with someone toxic during the course of their careers. It is estimated that toxic workplaces cost $23.8 billion annually. In a fresh and entertaining style, Miguel Aviles, Chief of Diversity and Inclusion of an 80,000 people organization will share transformational principles that will equip D&I Leaders to implement strategies to transform toxic leadership into inclusive leadership.
As the nation undergoes dramatic demographic change, leaders still struggle to understand how to reach the goal of increasing inclusion and belonging. So how can we, from any level, facilitate an inclusive workplace culture that allows employees to thrive? How do we create our way into transformative inclusion and belonging? T
his session will identify specific steps and actions you can take to create a workplace culture with psychological safety. You will learn the steps that can help you facilitate the right workplace interventions to drive engagement, increase performance and create a culture of belonging. Through captivating stories and thought-provoking exercises, this session will provide you with the tools needed to facilitate the right workplace interventions to increase employee engagement and performance amid chaos.
You will learn:
- The specific steps and actions to create a workplace culture that allows everyone to thrive.
- How to facilitate the right workplace interventions to increase employee engagement and performance
- Coaching and influencing techniques to increase inclusion
- How to analyze how one’s identity shapes his or her views, values, and perception in the workplace
- The behaviors that enhance the use of one’s self as an agent of change
- How to anticipate employee needs, concerns, and objections