HR Transformation — How Strategic Roles and the Business Partner Model Are Changing the Face of HR
Leaders are now transforming the human resource function, hierarchy, responsibilities, and skill levels to meet the new demands of a volatile marketplace and a diverse workforce. Human Resources is coming into a new state of being — revolutionizing current roles into strategic partnerships that focus on tight alignment to business goals.
The HR Business Partner model and the general upskilling of HR is becoming the accepted way to address the immediate and future needs of the organization, and is poised to dramatically transform who we are and how we function within the executive ranks. Becoming more strategic not only means losing the transactional and broadening business acumen, but having a complete understanding of all aspects of the organization to provide a more consultative role to the CEO and department heads.
This transformation is changing the very structure of human resources. Creating a team of passionate HR business partners and strategic executives who understand all facets of the business and it's marketplace can help to guide and influence corporate strategy, and develop a high performance workforce that is more competitive, productive and efficient. But first HR roles and responsibilities must change — and the way we deliver HR to the business must change as well.
The transformation to becoming more strategic involves more than just increasing business acumen. The skills needed to link employee performance to business goals and drive organizational change in areas like employee engagement and retention, recruiting, and leadership development now define the new HR.
The 2015 Human Capital Summit is focused on helping business partners and strategic HR executives increase both personal and organizational performance. Through war-tested and successful case studies from senior level practitioners you will learn what drives workforce performance and agility, and how you can personally maximize your influence and leadership to help achieve business goals.
The Human Capital Summit is offering 4 areas of content driven sessions in:
- Strategy and Business Acumen
- Employee Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Strategic Recruitment
Strategy and Business Acumen — Preliminary Sessions Include:
- Creating and Developing a World Class HR Team
- Developing and Structuring a Business Partner Model into Your Organization
- Creating and Managing Change that Aligns with Business Goals
- Aligning HR Technology with Business Objectives
- Creating Centers of Excellence to Support Organizational Goals
- Creating Partnerships and Alliances with Business Units
Strategic Recruiting — Preliminary Sessions Include:
- Updating Talent Acquisition Strategy to Align with Business Forecasts
- Optimizing the Workforce: Using Contingent Labor to Balance Organizational Needs
- Creating Stakeholder Relationships and Connections to Enhance Acquisition Strategies
- Delivering High Performance to Recruitment Using Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Best Processes for Determining Future Hiring needs Based on Business Growth, Turnover, and Succession Planning
Employee Engagement — Preliminary Sessions Include:
- Developing Leadership Buy In for Engagement and Retention Initiatives
- Holding Front Line Managers Accountable for Driving Engagement
- Using Employee Rewards and Recognition to Drive Greater Organizational Performance
- Creating Emotional Intelligence (EI) that Generates Trust
- Quantifying and Connecting the ROI and Financial Impact of an Engaged Workforce
Leadership Development — Preliminary Sessions Include:
- Coaching and Connecting with Front Line Managers
- Communicating Trust, Transparency and the Organizational Vision
- Driving Business and the Leadership Pipeline through Talent Mobility
- Indentifying the Right High Potentials with New World Competencies
- Strategies to Promote the Advancement of Women to Senior Levels
- Trends and Emerging Best Practices for Succession Planning
Strategy and Business Acumen
The ability to effectively guide strategic planning to help the business meet present and future goals requires an true understanding of all facets and departments within the organization. In addition, the capabilities to facilitate organizational change, manage technology, and create solid partnerships with stakeholders are increasingly mandatory skills needed to drive the organization forward. The HR business executive also plays a vital role in balancing the needs of the organization, it’s employees and internal stakeholders – while creating a culture based on good company values and the vision forward.
The Strategic Recruitment Business Partner
As all aspects of HR become more strategic and business focused, we find the role of the recruiter and talent acquisition executives also changing, now requiring a deeper understanding of business and how it directly relates to productivity and the bottom line of the organization. A vital part of becoming more strategic, or taking a role as a recruitment business partner, is building strong relationships with key business stakeholders. This is key to understanding the current and future talent needs of the organization and helps to create a sustainable talent supply solution. When incorporating business savvy skills that include analytics, an understanding of ROI, forecasting, and relationship building, the strategic recruiter gains critical insights into the always-changing needs for future talent and how it can best serve the organization's goals.
Driving Employee Engagement
The vast majority of CEOs acknowledge employee engagement is a critical component to delivering innovation and gaining the competitive advantage. Still there are many organizations that need to prove the ROI and positive business outcomes to senior management. Once initiatives are put in place, who owns the responsibility of driving the process forward? Learn the programs proven to be the most effective in aligning to business goals while providing increased trust and a deeper connection to the workforce. Learn how we create a connection between employees, the executive level, and purposeful work that motivate and engage workers.
A New Role in Leadership Development
HR business leaders now take a more consultative role in advising and coaching leadership. By developing collaborative partnerships, HR business leaders now work with executives to help with decision making, to act as a resource with a broad business and talent view, and to assist in generating organizational efficiencies. In addition, the HR business leader must understand new processes in indentifying, managing and motivating high potentials to guide the organization forward. Just as the skill sets of HR are changing to adapt to the new market environment, so are the competencies, abilities and aptitude needed from our leaders. Some of these critical leadership skills include the ability to communicate a clear vision that connects to the workforce from a place of trust and transparency and critical thinking, which includes analytics, managing cross-functional and diverse teams, problem solving and driving innovation.
Attend the Human Capital Summit and Learn:
- How to implement the Business Partner model in your organization
- Best practices in assessing and responding to organizational needs
- How to guide and manage change throughout the organizational hierarchy
- How to diagnose and design workable solutions that increase efficiencies and performance
- Best practices in engaging and retaining the workforce
- How talent mobility and contingent labor help to create a high performance organization
- How to indentify high potentials with the new world skills and abilities to drive innovation and collaboration
- How to communicate, influence and gain trust from the C-suite
Join us in Orlando and understand your new role in the HR transformation that's currently underway. Stay current by learning how to build strategic partnerships, effectively supporting the business through change, and responding to the needs of the organization. Make the investment in your career and your organization. Spend 3 days learning best practices with your peers, networking with like-minded practitioners, attending benchmarking roundtables, and get a market snapshot of the ground-breaking new technologies and tools that are helping to drive the HR transformation.
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications — With Live or Virtual Attendance!
Learn more about the conference and view the full agenda.
Keep Me Updated
Stay up to date on the latest 2015 Human Capital Summit happenings and news!