HCI’s 2014 Human Capital Summit & Expo to Explore Challenges of the New Social Economy
Annual Summit to Showcase New Ideas and Best Practices at the Intersection of Strategic Talent Management and Business Strategy
NEW YORK (February XX, 2014) – The Human Capital Institute (HCI), the global institution for strategic talent management, today announced details of the 2014 HCI Human Capital Summit & Expo, held Tuesday, April 8 through Thursday, April 10, 2014 at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
The shift to a new world of constantly growing social connections and communities has brought about disruptive changes to the way we work. As a result of this high connectivity, the world is moving rapidly from the knowledge economy to a social economy – one in which social connections have become one of the most important aspects in determining success and growth. To help guide organizations navigate this new landscape, HCI’s Human Capital Summit & Expo will showcase the best and brightest thought leaders, educators and authors who will share ideas to help employers gain a competitive advantage and market leadership.
“The 2014 HCI Human Capital Summit & Expo is designed to help connect attendees with the tools, techniques and best practices that can help them overcome workforce management difficulties and maximize opportunities of the new social economy,” said Carl Rhodes, HCI’s chief executive officer. “We are pleased to once again host this unique event that will help HCM professionals to understand today’s workforce, embrace the strategies for leveraging this new landscape and lead their teams to greatness.”
Now in its sixth year, HCI has developed a new vision for the 2014 summit that combines the most valuable features of larger “trade shows” with the best elements of the more intimate and educational events for which the organization is well known. Attendees of the 2014 Human Capital Summit & Expo will hear inspirational and engaging keynotes from some of today’s most prolific leaders and game changers, including:
- Doc Hendley, CNN Hero and founder of Wine to Water, will teach a simple but profound principle for improving the world: doing what you can with what you have.
- Mark King, CEO of TaylorMade-Adidas Golf Company, will share how he leveraged collaborative leadership to successfully re-energize his company and grow it into a market leader.
- Charlene Li, New York Times bestselling author and expert on social media and technologies, will explore how leaders can maintain control in the new social world.
- Richard Phillips, Captain of the Maersk Alabama and real life inspiration for the movie Captain Phillips, will share his compelling story and discuss the vital importance of leadership and teamwork.
The summit will also include an extensive agenda of educational sessions designed to provide attendees with the knowledge to enhance strategic development and hone new leadership proficiencies. The summit’s sessions are divided into four key tracks:
- Learning and Leadership Development will showcase the newest delivery systems, learning communities, corporate universities, the new focus on speed-to-market content and the role of learning leaders as solution architects.
- Workforce Planning and Business Strategy will explore the challenges of on-demand employment, how to overcome the large talent gap, and how to utilize the increase of part time employees in workforce planning.
- Recruiting and Acquisition will show attendees how to develop talent communities to attract and keep key talent and how to find niche and technical talent, whether active or passive candidates, via professional social networks.
- Engagement and Social Media will highlight how to drive retention, innovation and loyalty from a very diversified workforce and how to leverage corporate branding and evangelists in the social community.
In addition to several networking opportunities, the summit will be host to a meetup for Linked:HR, the largest professional group on LinkedIn. Held on the conference level of the Dolphin Hotel on Tuesday, April 8 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., the meetup will give attendees the chance to network with each other and interact with the Linked:HR team.
The 2014 HCI Human Capital Summit & Expo is made possible by the contributions of many underwriters, including:
- Premier Underwriter: Pontoon
- Diamond Underwriters: Allegis Group Services; Globoforce; HireVue; Kenexa, an IBM Company; Monster; Randstad Sourceright; Oracle; Pinstripe; RiseSmart; SkillSurvey and WOMEN Unlimited, Inc.
- Platinum Underwriters: Avature, Cornerstone OnDemand and Purchasing Power
- Gold Underwriters: Achievers, American Public University System, Bacharach Leadership Group, Beeline, Bonfire, BPI group, Desire2Learn, Fierce, Glassdoor, Guidant Group, Harrison Assessments North America, HireRight, HRmarketer, IESE Business School, Impact Achievement Group, InterviewStream, Jobvite, Qualtrics, ScottMadden Management Consultants, SmashFly, Spring International, SumTotal, Velocity Resource Group, WilsonHCG and John Wiley & Sons.
Additional information about the 2014 HCI Human Capital Summit & Expo, including registration details, can be accessed at: http://www.hci.org/hr-conferences/2014-Human-Capital-Summit/overview.
About Human Capital Institute (HCI)
HCI seeks to educate, empower, and validate strategic talent management professionals to impact business results through the acquisition of insights, skills and tools that are contextualized through research, practice, expert guidance, peer learning, and self-discovery. Visit HCI.org to learn more.