Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Are you letting the good ones get away? The prevailing attitude that "lower employee turnover is always better" is a myth. In fact, some amount of turnover actually benefits your business. Unlock significant value by quantifying the reduction of high-impact turnover through a case study. Start by tracking attrition of your highest performers rather than the amount of turnover to help focus on retaining those employees most critical to your business.
You will learn:
- Why the traditional turnover metric is flawed
- How to create a metric to quantify the impact of turnover
- How to apply your metric to create change in your organization
Learn about how AstraZeneca piloted a predictive analytics project to identify which recruitment sources drive better performance and retention outcomes for US sales employees. The case study will explain how AstraZeneca’s workforce analytics team 1) engaged HR and business stakeholders to gain buy-in for the project, 2) used basic statistical tests (correlation, regression, test of differences) to identify relationships between the hiring source and performance outcomes and 3) developed key insights that influenced the hiring process.
The ability to leverage free open sourced technologies has become a critical part of gaining an effective workforce analytics capability. During this session, Jason will present several project case studies, the algorithms applied, and the free open sourced software programs used. The project case studies will also address the following predictive modeling challenges:
- Visualizing the impact of important patterns to drive action
- Make predictions as accurately as possible
- Rashomon effect and the multiplicity of good models
Jason will also provide demonstrations of the free open sourced software programs throughout this session using sample data.
Thursday, March 9, 2017
Amazon is growing at a massive rate and is on track to hire 100,000 full-time employees within the next 18 months. To quickly scale, they leveraged the power of data to make better and faster hiring decisions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use data to quickly scale hiring
- How to use analytics to understand the intricacies of candidate supply and competitive demand
- How to rely on market intelligence to find local skills