A. Statement of Corporate Values
We at Human Capital Institute [HCI] recognize and respect intellectual property rights and are committed to fulfilling our moral and legal obligations with respect to our use of copyright-protected works including our own publicly available material or user-submitted work. This policy sets forth the copyright requirements regarding the fair use of publicly available material from HCI and user-submitted materials. This policy is in full compliance with U.S. and International Copyright laws and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and any complaints of breach of this policy must correspond with the protections and guarantees set forth within this policy or the DMCA if not explicitly stated within.
B. Statement of Fair Use of Publicly Available Material Produced by HCI
As a matter of policy all content publicly available in any digital or non-digital format created explicitly by HCI or any subsidiary, employee or agent is the sole property of HCI and is covered under U.S. and International copyright law including the DMCA.
HCI material that is publicly offered through digital or non-digital distribution is not available for commercial use or reuse without the express permission of HCI. Such material may be digitally or non-digitally shared or distributed by 3rd-party users for non-commercial use without obtaining permission from HCI if proper reference is provided; use of HCI's corporate name [Human Capital Institute] or appropriate abbreviation [HCI] and digital links back to original location of available material are required for proper citation. Any misuse of HCI copyrighted material will result in a request to desist such misuse.
C. Statement of Fair Use of Publicly Shared Material
HCI allows 3rd-party users and registered members of HCI’s community website through the My HCI feature set to publicly share their own copyrighted material through the website and through Real Simple Syndication [RSS] or other digital syndication technologies available. Any user/author who submits their content through HCI's website acknowledges the following:
- That HCI may publicly share and distribute their content through the HCI website and available distribution channels;
- That HCI is in no way responsible for the use of copyrighted material within the user's own work;
- That HCI has the right to determine the appropriateness of content shared by users/authors on the HCI website, any content that includes adult content, child pornography, hate speech, crude content, violent or threatening content or the personal content information of any other individual may be immediately removed or blocked entirely from appearing on HCI's website.
D. Statement of Misuse of Copyrighted Material
HCI respects the intellectual property of individuals and/or corporations and offers anyone the opportunity to request that any such material for which they have a copyright be removed from the HCI website and corresponding digital distribution channels [RSS]. These removal requests are only valid if:
- You are, or your company is, the copyright holder of the content in question.
- You provide the exact URLs to the pages with specified content or files.
- You provide the complete name(s) of the content in question.
- You provide full contact information (including the name, phone number of the contact person, and email address).
Such requests should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be properly handled.