9:50-11:20am- “Hot Work Safety” Kindling a Safe Workplace Instead of Igniting a Catastrophe
Hot Work is performed in thousands of industries every day in this country. Due to the inherent risk of explosions or fire, specific regulations have been implemented to assure a safe work site.
In this program we will look at the regulations and standards regarding hot work, we will review the components of a hot work permit, discuss the general work procedures and look at seven key lessons learned from recent incidents. In addition, we will do a comprehensive review of a recent incident resulting in CAL-OSHA citations and fines.
- Understand the hazards of Hot Work
- Understand the regulations affecting Hot Work
- Review the components of a Hot Work Permit
- Understand the need for Hot Work Policies and Procedures
- Discuss the components of Hot Work Policies
- Review Case Histories of Hot Work Incidents