Strategic HR Leadership (SHRL)
Create and Grow High-Performing HR Teams Through Intention, Interaction, and Influence
In HR, we are often responsible for engaging and developing our employees. In many cases, we lead initiatives that provide real value to our organizations. Yet, there is a lack of dedicated development for HR leaders, despite our responsibilities or the partnerships we have with other leaders. We think you deserve more than that, and our research backs us up.
As someone who formally or informally manages a team, or who helps clients manage their team performance, you recognize that leadership is about more than submitting performance reviews and tracking team metrics. It’s about enabling team members to work effectively together and achieve results. It’s also about displaying the right leadership behaviors that increase your credibility, influence, and impact.
In this course, you’ll discover what makes teams effective and how to apply these practices to the vital HR leadership role you currently play or want to play in the future. You’ll receive practical tools that you can use right away to bring your team’s or your own performance to a new level.
Assess Your Team Leadership Skills
Identify opportunities to upskill by applying practical tools and techniques.
Connect Teams to a Larger Purpose
Foster a sense of purpose by explaining the link between your team's work the organization's strategy.
Intentionally Design Teams
Design teams with a clear purpose and unambiguous expectations.
Optimize Team Interaction
Develop skills and behaviors in your team that allow for positive dynamics and productivity.
Grow your influence by building relationships, evaluating outcomes, and exhibiting leadership behaviors.
Virtual Session Options
The typical workday has changed, and dedicating full days to your professional development may not be realistic in this new normal. That's why we are offering two different course options:
- Traditional 2 full-day virtual program format
- NEW SERIES format of six, weekly 2-hour virtual sessions
Upcoming Course Schedule:
NEW HR Leadership 2-Day Program - August 17-18
Our typical full-day format that runs from 10am-4pm EDT
NEW HR Leadership Series starting Sept. 16
Each class is delivered live, online, by our world class faculty, Wednesdays from 1:00 - 3:00pm EDT and is convenient for all US time zones.
- Session 1: Sept 16
- Session 2: Sept 23
- Session 3: Sept 30
- Session 4: Oct 7
- Session 5: Oct 14
- Session 6: Oct 21
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications
This certification has been approved for 12 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. SHRM has pre-approved this certification for 12 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
This certification has been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute for 12 continuing education credits towards recertification by Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credential holders.
The 12 hours completed can be counted toward re-certification for any HCI certification.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Human Capital Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠.
- Defining HR Leadership
- HR Leadership’s Pivotal Role
- The Three I’s in Effective Teams: Intention, Interaction, and Influence
- A Shared Purpose
- Building trust with a team
- Communicating purpose
- Understanding and articulating the business strategy and the team’s purpose
- Strategic alignment in team design
- Keeping expectations clear
- Drafting a team charter
- Competencies for roles
- Mapping talent to roles
- Leveraging diversity and acting inclusively
- Mitigating unconscious bias
- Solutions to fill roles on a team
- Build/buy/borrow planning chart
- Being intentional when you inherit a team
- Empowering the team to choose methods for accomplishing goals
- Fostering a team mindset
- Growing a team mindset
- Empowerment to participate: Building psychological safety
- Promoting continuous learning and feedback
- Developing teams
- Why train teams?
- Matching training to team needs
- Workplace learning today/sources of learning
- Identifying learning opportunities for teams
- Reinforcing learning
- Providing continuous feedback
- Coaching as a follow-up to feedback
- Leveraging relationships within and outside the team
- Forming stronger connections with team members
- Formal and informal networks
- Barriers to relationship-building
- Expanding networks
- Evaluating outcomes and behaviors
- How organizations measure success
- Individual, team, and organizational measures
- Reward and recognition
- Modeling the right behaviors
- Team leader responsibilities
- Assessing yourself
- Action planning