Strategic Talent Acquisition (STA) Certification
Advance your business through a holistic approach to attracting, assessing, and acquiring talent.
Remember when positions were posted mainly through online job boards—or even the newspaper? When you had to know someone in an organization to learn the real story about working there? When companies had too many qualified candidates for critical positions? Well, things have changed...and so should the way you acquire the talent you need to be successful.
The rise of social and consumer technologies has changed candidate expectations. Candidates have the same high expectations that your clients and customers do—personalized experiences, relevant messaging, transparency, and honesty. Using the right marketing strategies driven by relevant data and analytics, you can attract the best candidates and make the best hires. HCI's goal-driven approach will help you connect hiring to the entire employee lifecycle, ensuring long-term organizational success.
HCI’s Strategic Talent Acquisition course features case studies, trends, and the latest innovations in talent acquisition strategy. You will participate in a strategic business simulation during which you’ll assess your organization’s current situation, work with teams, and make decisions based on business challenges. You’ll also create a customized action plan that supports on-the-job implementation.
What You'll Learn
Define and implement talent acquisition strategies to meet business goals and support organizational culture.
Determine organizational gaps in critical roles to more quickly impact the bottom line.
Brand to Attract
Define an employee value proposition that attracts highly qualified candidates.
Develop a channel management strategy to fill gaps with the right people at the right time.
Assess and Select
Identify, develop, and measure candidate potential for success.
What to Expect
- Select training dates and times that work in your schedule; offerings are consecutive 8-hour days
- Access log-in information, certification materials (participant guide and toolkit), and the exam in your MyHCI profile
- Chat and interact with your facilitator and peers via Zoom platform available on mobile or desktop for the virtual training option
- Earn your HCI certification by attending all of the sessions, complete all classwork, and pass the multiple-choice exam with a score of 80% or higher
- Renew your HCI certification every three years by obtaining 60 credits
- Attend this training and earn 10.75 HCI, 10.75 HRCI, and 10.75 SHRM recertification credits
- Global megatrends
- The Strategic Talent Acquisition Framework
- Connecting talent acquisition to the organization’s strategy
- Strategic workforce planning
- Building business acumen and strategic relationships
- Creating a talent action plan with the 6 B’s
- Segmenting roles
- Identifying and prioritizing strategic roles
- Employer brand: concepts and examples
- Defining, communicating, and demonstrating the employee value proposition (EVP)
- Improving the candidate experience
- Sourcing strategies: build, borrow, and buy
- The pipeline method of sourcing
- Recruitment marketing
- Engaging talent communities
- A sourcing channel strategy
- Pre-employment assessments: research and methods
- Planning pre-employment assessments, including interviews
- Challenges in talent selection
- Documenting a talent acquisition strategy
- Your master action plan