Strategic Talent Acquisition (STA) Certification
Why Should You Attend?
Remember when positions were posted mainly through online job boards—or even the newspaper? When you had to know someone in an organization to learn the real story about working there? When companies had too many qualified candidates for critical positions? Well, things have changed...and so should the way you acquire the talent you need to be successful.
The rise of social and consumer technologies has changed candidate expectations. Candidates have the same high expectations that your clients and customers do—personalized experiences, relevant messaging, transparency, and honesty. Using the right marketing strategies driven by relevant data and analytics, you can attract the best candidates and make the best hires. HCI's goal-driven approach will help you connect hiring to the entire employee lifecycle, ensuring long-term organizational success.
HCI’s Strategic Talent Acquisition course features case studies, trends and the latest innovations in talent acquisition strategy. You will participate in a strategic business simulation during which you’ll assess your organization’s current situation, work with teams, and make decisions based on business challenges. You’ll also create a customized action plan that supports on-the-job implementation, along with tools to help.
Define and implement talent acquisition strategies to meet business goals and support organizational culture.
Determine organizational gaps in critical roles to more quickly impact the bottom line.
Brand to Attract
Define an employee value proposition that attracts highly qualified candidates.
Develop a channel management strategy to fill gaps with the right people at the right time.
Assess and Select
Identify, develop, and measure candidate potential for success.
Who Should Attend?
This is a foundational course for HR practitioners who are involved in talent acquisition. If you are a generalist or business partner, or new in the field of talent acquisition, this course is for you.
Sample titles include:
- HR Generalist
- HR Business Partner
- Corporate or Executive Recruiter
- Sourcing Strategist
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications
This certification has been approved for 10.75 Business recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
SHRM has pre-approved this certification for 10.75 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Human Capital Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠.
- Global megatrends
- The Strategic Talent Acquisition Framework
- Connecting talent acquisition to the organization’s strategy
- Strategic workforce planning
- Building business acumen and strategic relationships
- Creating a talent action plan with the 6 B’s
- Segmenting roles
- Identifying and prioritizing strategic roles
- Employer brand: concepts and examples
- Defining, communicating, and demonstrating the employee value proposition (EVP)
- Improving the candidate experience
- Sourcing strategies: build, borrow, and buy
- The pipeline method of sourcing
- Recruitment marketing
- Engaging talent communities
- A sourcing channel strategy
- Pre-employment assessments: research and methods
- Planning pre-employment assessments, including interviews
- Challenges in talent selection
- Documenting a talent acquisition strategy
- Your master action plan