Drive Engagement and Performance by Creating a Coaching Culture Throughout Your Organization
Every organization needs managers and leaders who use coaching skills to empower employees to achieve goals. But does it give those managers and leaders the tools and knowledge to coach effectively? Does it hold them accountable for the impact coaching has on teams and the business?
This course is not about how to coach. Instead, we give you a scalable, actionable framework to build coaching skills and abilities into the fabric of your organization, transforming the manager-employee relationship, and driving measurable business results.
The business impact is real. HCI research has shown that year over year, organizations that effectively leverage coaching realize higher revenue growth than peer companies that don’t embrace coaching. By equipping employees with the tools and knowledge to respond, problem-solve, and adapt in real-time, managers and leaders realize tangible benefits such as improved team functioning, increased engagement, faster leadership development, and increased productivity.
What You'll Learn
Influence Workplace Culture
Learn to be more effective in your use of coaching across the organization
Implement a Coaching Approach
Apply innovative and practical models, tools, and techniques for embedding coaching behaviors and activities in your organization
Improve Organizational Results
Learn to improve organizational results through coaching among all employees
Integrate and Communicate Your Approach
Emphasize the competencies and tools leaders and managers need to change the negative perception of coaching
What to Expect
- COVID NOTICE: Due to ongoing uncertainty related to Covid-19, we encourage all in-person course attendees to avoid making non-refundable arrangements for travel and accommodations
- Select training dates and times that fit your schedule
- Finish your HCI program with a free toolkit, access to additional videos and research, and a set of skills that you can use on the job immediately
- Access log-in information, certification materials (participant guide and toolkit), and the exam in your MyHCI profile
- Chat and interact with faculty and peers via Zoom
- Earn your HCI certification by attending all the sessions, completing all classwork, and passing the multiple-choice exam with a score of 80% or higher
- Renew your HCI certification every three years by obtaining 60 credits
- Attend this certification program and earn 13 HCI, 13 HRCI, 13 SHRM, and 12 ATD recertification credits
Earn Your Human Capital Strategy Credential
Build the in-demand strategic capabilities you need to advance your HR career and lead the future of HR in only 18 months. You'll take three core programs and two strategic accelerators as well as complete mentoring and an advised portfolio project. Graduates of this program demonstrate a breadth of HR knowledge and capabilities to bring wherever they go.
Phase 1: Define | What Is a Culture of Coaching?
- What is successful coaching?
- The three coaching modalities
- Coaching vs. mentoring, managing, and feedback
- Types of coaching interactions
- Define a coaching culture
- Top results and benefits of a strong coaching culture
- HCI’s Sustainable Coaching Culture Model
- The impact of a growth mindset
- Coaching and performance management
- ICF Prism Award Framework: Impact, Standards, Strategy, and Sustainability
- Impact questionnaire
- Kirkpatrick/Phillips Levels of Evaluation applied to coaching
- Return on Investment (ROI) quiz
- Return on Expectations model
- The value proposition of coaching
- Coaching skills for managers
- ICF Core Competencies for coaching
- Inventory of coaching conversation models: GROW, CLEAR, and OSKAR
Phase 2: Design | What Infrastructure Is Right for Your Organization?
- Assess coaching in your organization
- Train managers/leaders using coaching skills
- Support for ongoing training
- HCI’s Sustainable Coaching Culture Model
- Hawkins’ Foundational Coaching Strategy
- Find the Right Coaching Mix
- Coaching Approach tool
Phase 3: Develop | How Do You Implement a Coaching Culture?
- Barriers and challenges
- Coaching culture risk assessment
- Culture change challenges
- Build leadership accountability
- Edgar Schein’s organizational culture model
- The ABC’s of Change Management
- Communication plan
- Coaching culture talk track
- Insights from the field: tips, observations, and thoughts from practitioners
- Additional resources
- Action planning