Forecast and plan the workforce your organization will need to succeed in the future.
Skill gaps or shortages. Turnover. An aging workforce. Changing business models. Managing talent risks and expenses. The complexity and urgency of these issues make it feel impossible to plan more than a few months out.
You need a way to develop and implement a workforce plan that is agile and dynamic enough to help your organization thrive in today’s environment—while at the same time establishing yourself as a strategic partner to the business.
HCI’s Strategic Workforce Planning certification takes workforce planning out of the theoretical realm and into reality by giving you a methodology and set of tools to implement right away.
What You'll Learn
Assess Your Organization’s Readiness
Find out where you stand so you can successfully implement and sustain workforce planning
Align Your Strategy
Segment roles according to your organization’s strategy
Scan the Environment
Look for internal and external factors that affect your ability to put the right talent in place
Construct Data-Based Scenarios
Imagine what the future holds so you can prepare for it
Develop an Action Plan
Compare where you are now with where you want to go and make a plan to close the gaps
What to Expect
- COVID NOTICE: Due to ongoing uncertainty related to Covid-19, we encourage all in-person course attendees to avoid making non-refundable arrangements for travel and accommodations
- Select virtual or in-person training dates and times that fit your schedule
- Finish your HCI program with a free toolkit, access to additional videos and research, and a set of skills that you can use on the job immediately
- Access log-in information, certification materials (participant guide and toolkit), and the exam in your MyHCI profile
- Chat and interact with faculty and peers in person or via Zoom
- Earn your HCI certification by attending all the sessions, completing all classwork, and passing the multiple-choice exam with a score of 80% or higher
- Renew your HCI certification every three years by obtaining 60 credits
- Attend this certification program and earn 13 HCI, 13 HRCI, 13 SHRM, and 13 ATD recertification credits
Earn Your Human Capital Strategy Credential
Did you know that our Strategic Workforce Planning (SWP) certification is part of HCI's Human Capital Academy program? Designed to help you build in-demand capabilities, advance your career, and lead the future of HR, this credential program is a collection of five strategic certifications paired with mentoring and an advised portfolio project. Graduates of this program demonstrate a breadth of HR knowledge and capabilities to bring wherever they go.
- Discover the context of strategic workforce planning
- Distinguish between operational and strategic workforce planning
- Evaluate your organization’s strategic workforce planning readiness
- Align workforce planning to your organization’s strategy
- Segment roles to identify the most strategic roles for your workforce planning efforts
- Scan the environment for internal and external factors that impact your organization’s ability to carry out its strategy
- Conduct a current state analysis of your most strategic roles
- Construct scenarios that help your organization prepare for the future
- Construct scenarios that help your organization prepare for the future (continued from Day 1)
- Identify gaps between current and future states
- Create an action plan to fill gaps; track progress of the plan
- Implement and sustain strategic workforce planning by applying the practices of high-performing organizations in six key areas
- Plan how to bring strategic workforce planning to your organization or improve your existing process