Strategic HR Business Partner (sHRBP) Certification
Build credibility and become a high impact,
strategic partner to your clients.
Are you ready to work as a strategic, high impact partner to your business and help make work better for people? Would you like to move from being reactive to proactive? To increase your credibility through your business and financial acumen? To enhance collaboration with your clients and CoEs? To work as a trusted advisor?
HCI can help. Our course has been designed just for you by experts in HR and learning.
Our proprietary research has determined the strategic mindsets and skillsets necessary for you to advance both your career and your organization. We know the best practices of high-performing HR organizations and we’ve made it easy for you to incorporate them into your work.
During our intensive 3-day certification program, you will be immersed in a highly interactive, hands-on learning experience and equipped with processes and tools necessary to put ideas into action.
Best of all? You’ll be able to work on a real business challenge during class and consult with our expert facilitators and your colleagues.
What You'll Learn
Work credibly with clients to support organizational strategies
Develop collaborative relationships that impact business outcomes
Implement and measure effectiveness of talent management initiatives and solutions
What to Expect
- COVID NOTICE: Due to ongoing uncertainty related to Covid-19, we encourage all in-person course attendees to avoid making non-refundable arrangements for travel and accommodations
- Select training dates and times that fit your schedule; offered as a 3-day program or as a virtual series with half-day sessions delivered over 6 weeks
- Learn more about the virtual series format
- Access log-in information, certification materials (participant guide and toolkit), and the exam in your MyHCI profile
- Chat and interact with your facilitator and peers via Zoom platform available on mobile or desktop for the virtual training option
- Earn your HCI certification by attending all of the sessions, complete all classwork, and pass the multiple-choice exam with a score of 80% or higher
- Renew your HCI certification every three years by obtaining 60 credits
- Attend this training and earn 19.5 HCI, 19.5 HRCI, 19.5 SHRM, and 18 ATD recertification credits
Earn Your Human Capital Strategy Credential
This certification is part of HCI's Human Capital Academy program, designed to help you build in-demand capabilities, advance your career, and lead the future of HR. Click the link below to learn more about the other certification programs in the Academy and the special pricing available.
You’ll work your way through HCI’s Prepare/ Partner/ Perform framework, using your own business challenge.
- Approach your work with a strategic mindset that is collaborative, evidence-based, business driven, and adaptable
- Make incremental changes to work more proactively
- Align talent strategy with business strategy and goals
- Speak the language of the business
- Understand the thought processes, goals and strategies used to make business decisions
- Understand what it means to be strategic and how to act strategically
- Increase credibility and influence through value that is added in every interaction
- Understand business and financial terminology and concepts
- Identify and communicate quantifiable benefits of talent initiatives
- Justify talent initiatives by demonstrating benefits and ROI
- Use metrics that align with business objectives, even if data is housed across multiple databases/sources
- Communicate evidence-based insights to gain buy-in and drive change
- Partner with business functions and consult to determine root causes
- Communicate the value of HR/talent initiatives through the lens of the business
- Collaborate with clients and CoEs to create talent management solutions that increase engagement, retention, development, and strategic talent acquisition efforts
- Use project management to collaborate with all stakeholders, enhance buy-in, and implement initiatives effectively
- Understand the different phases of change, common objections to change, and how to lead others through change
- Drive change through people, measuring results, and making it sustainable
- Evaluate talent management outcomes with business metrics
- Scale solutions so that resources are used wisely and impacts are greater