Business Strategy for HR Workshop
What Every HR Professional Needs to Know About Business Strategy
Business strategy is the foundation on which human capital strategy is built. It drives how you plan, acquire, engage, and develop talent in your organization.
Can you answer "yes" to every one of these questions?
- Do you understand your organization’s business strategy?
- Do you know what problem your company solves for your customers?
- Can you describe what differentiates you from competitors?
- Are you able to confidently discuss this with your HR colleagues, business partners, and leaders?
- Most importantly, do you understand your business strategy well enough to align your human capital strategy in ways that will accelerate your business results?
What You’ll Learn
Understand the most useful and common business strategy models
Ensure business and human capital strategy alignment and optimization
Build confidence to engage your business partners, clients, and leaders in strategy conversations
Accelerate business results through the alignment of business and human capital strategy
Clearly and confidently articulate strategic plans, competitive landscape, and points of competitive distinction/differentiation
What to Expect
- Interactive and outcome focused
- Offered virtually as a 4 hour session
- Access log-in information and materials (participant guide and toolkit) in your MyHCI profile
- Chat and interact with faculty and peers via Zoom
- Attend this workshop and earn 4 HCI, 4 HRCI, 4 SHRM, and 4 ATD recertification credits
HCI Premium Membership
Our Premium Membership is an entire year of learning opportunities, valuable tools, and help with your toughest challenges bundled in one convenient offering for you. Take control of your HR career and make a greater impact in your organization by joining today. You'll get free attendance to HCI's Elevating the Employee Experience conference, as well as access to past virtual conferences, monthly half-day HR workshops, discounts on certification programs, and more.
- Why business strategy is so important
- Define and differentiate business and human capital strategy
- Align business and human capital strategy
- HR’s high impact formula
- The Big Three strategic questions
- The Value Disciplines Model
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- What you have to believe—the critical role of assumptions
- Convey how strategy flows across an organization
- What strategic HR sound like
- How to move from tactical to strategic HR
- “Saying your strategy”—the power of a clear and actionable strategy
- Become a relevant, high impact player
- Demonstrate your understanding
- Steps to take tomorrow