Human Capital Strategist (HCS) Certification
Why Should You Attend?
If you are new or early in your career in HR, this course is for you. Your clients expect you to be able to solve their people problems. In this course, you’ll learn solutions for a range of talent management issues that you might encounter. And not just the same old stuff—you'll get a winning combination of original research, best practices, tips and techniques, in a learner-friendly format. That’s because:
- Our models are easy to understand and implement. You can quickly apply what you’ve learned back on the job.
- We’ve done all the homework for you and share evidence-based insights and innovative solutions.
- You’ll be discussing your real work in class and can consult with the facilitator and your colleagues.
- You won’t just sit and listen to the facilitator—you will be engaged and involved in activities during the course.
Optimize Your Talent Strategy
Turn your business strategy into business results with smart human capital strategy.
Acquire the Right Talent
Take a customer-centric approach to attracting and hiring the right talent.
Engage Your People
Engage your employees with talent management strategies focused on values and culture and rewards and recognition.
Develop Your Workforce
Empower leaders with development tools, resources, and knowledge.
Who Should Attend?
The Human Capital Strategist course is designed for new, entry-level and early-career HR practitioners looking to advance in their careers by moving beyond tactical and administrative skills and taking on a more strategic role. Whether you are an HR Generalist or Business Partner, or a specialist in Learning and Development or another area, this course is for you.
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications
This certification has been approved for 13 Business recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
SHRM has pre-approved this certification for 13 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
The 13 hours completed can be counted toward re-certification for any HCI certification.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Human Capital Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠.
- Three waves of change in the workplace
- Your organization’s talent management strategy: strengths, challenges, and opportunities
- Trends affecting talent management
- The talent management cycle
- Planning a workforce based on your organization’s strategic goals
- Scanning the environment for internal and external factors that could affect your organization
- Segmenting roles to determine which ones are critical to the business strategy
- Using competency models
- Determining talent fit
- Aligning talent acquisition strategy with business goals
- Identifying organizational gaps in critical roles to more quickly impact the bottom line
- Defining an employee value proposition that attracts highly-qualified candidates
- Developing a strategy to build a pipeline for the future
- Assessing a candidate’s potential for success
- The definition and importance of engagement
- Measuring engagement
- Increasing engagement
- Creating a learning culture
- Empowering managers to coach and develop employees
- Connecting L&D and the business
- Thinking outside of the classroom
- Identifying best practices to apply in your organization