11:45am-12:20pm EDT Navigating Brand Perception During Rough Waters
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Walgreens made a number of strategic moves to its pharmacy workforce, including reducing staff and making financial cuts to align with business needs. When the pandemic forced many of us to shelter in place in 2020, critical health care workers such as pharmacists and pharmacy technicians were still providing care to patients. The demand for pharmacy staff continued to increase as the pandemic progressed, while the appeal of working in a retail pharmacy was at an all-time low. Discover how Walgreens stepped up to improve its work environment perception in the face of several challenges such as; negative employer brand, declining pharmacy school enrollment rates, industry burnout, personal health concerns, and more.
During this presentation, Ashley Knezevich will explain how Walgreens listened to its team members, immediately addressed key work environment concerns, and moved to shift a negative brand perception while facing significant staffing challenges.
In this session, you will learn:
- Understanding the key components affecting your employer brand perception and how to balance it with what your organization does well
- Using real, positive change to overcome negative brand perception
- Adjusting attraction messaging to appeal to changing talent motivations
- Best practices on partnering within a highly matrixed organization to force quick decision making
- Working through the ups and downs of shifting brand perception