Chief, Office of Diversity and Inclusion
3:10pm-3:40pm Leadership in Times of Crisis: Developing Adaptive Leaders Through the Power of Inclusion
COVID-19, race relations unrest, financial crisis: leaders are being challenged to make important decisions, increase performance and engage employees in an atmosphere with no clear answers. A new kind of leadership is needed to lead during times of uncertainty. So how can learning and development leaders help employees at any level, become adaptive leaders that facilitate inclusive workplace cultures that allow everyone to thrive? While inclusive leadership is a popular subject, people still struggle to understand how to reach the goal of increasing inclusion and belonging in organizations.
This session will identify specific steps and actions you can take to create a workplace culture with psychological safety. You will learn steps that can help you facilitate the right workplace interventions to drive engagement, increase performance and create a culture of belonging. Through captivating stories and thought-provoking exercises, this session will provide you with the tools needed to facilitate the right workplace interventions to increase employee engagement and performance amid chaos.
In this session, you will learn:
- The specific steps and actions to create a workplace culture that allows everyone to thrive.
- How to facilitate the right workplace interventions to increase employee engagement and performance
- Coaching and influencing techniques to increase inclusion
- How to analyze how one’s identity shapes his or her views, values, and perception in the workplace
- The behaviors that enhance the use of one’s self as an agent of change
- How to anticipate employee needs, concerns, and objections