Leading with Questions: Infusing Coaching into the Feedback Process
Traditional performance management practices are evolving to support the development of agile, curious, digital-era leadership. In a time of complexity and ambiguity, organizations must evolve the way they support the growth of their budding leaders. EY, a leading global professional services organization, believes meaningful career growth starts with having better conversations, driven by empathy, curiosity, and an orientation toward finding what’s possible.
This session describes the new approach EY is taking called “Leading with Questions,” which is built on the premise that presence, curiosity, and empathy are the cornerstones for transformative career, performance and development conversations. As strategic business leaders and advisors, learn how to fuel leadership that builds trust, inspires connection and develops deep engagement with employees.
Specifically, this session will:
- Provide the business case for transforming performance management practices
- Offer a model for better career, performance and development conversations
- Describe how leading with questions is a game-changer for engaging and developing employees
- Share best practices and lessons learned in implementing a new approach
- Provide starter tips to transfer key learnings into practice