Change Management for HR (CMHR) Certification
NEW: Virtual HR Certification Series Format!
The typical workday has changed and dedicating full days to your professional development may not be realistic. That’s why we are offering our Change Management for HR program in a NEW SERIES format of four, 4-hour virtual sessions. If you choose the series instead of the full-day option, each class is delivered live, online by our faculty, Tuesdays from 1:00–5:00pm EDT.
New Series Starts June 16
Session 1: June 16
Session 2: June 23
Session 3: June 30
Session 4: July 7
Why Should You Attend?
Ever been asked by your clients to help with change? Been part of an unsuccessful change initiative? Wondered why it’s so hard to communicate effectively about change? That’s because most change initiatives don’t take people and their needs into account.
HCI knows that the key to successful change is focusing on people over processes. This course will help you identify and build the capabilities people need to navigate change successfully. You’ll walk away with tools and an action plan for your next change initiative.
Partner with the Business
Partner with the business to successfully manage change.
Explore the Role of HR During Change
Distinguish among the three different roles that HR can play, and consider how to use each one.
Create an Action Plan
Develop an action plan for your next change initiative that includes human-centered design, communication, and coaching.
Who Should Attend?
The Change Management for HR curriculum is designed for functional leaders, people leaders, and individual contributors seeking to advance their careers by elevating personal proficiencies, establishing HR as a partner to the business, and designing change initiatives that support engagement and organizational growth.
- HR Business Partner
- HR Generalist
- L&D Professional
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications
This certification has been approved for 13 Business recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute. SHRM has pre-approved this certification for 13 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
The 13 hours completed can be counted toward re-certification for any HCI certification.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Human Capital Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠.
- The role of change in organizations
- Change management principles
- Partnership between HR and the business
- HR’s change management roles: Architect, Broadcaster, Coach
- Overview of Architect role
- Using human-centered design for a change initiative
- Using nudges in change design
- Obtaining buy-in and sponsorship
- Identifying and involving stakeholders
- Creating the change management team
- Establishing decision-making authority
- Assessing change readiness
- Identifying and addressing organizational barriers to change
- Planning for and evaluating sustainability
- Overview of Broadcaster role and why communication is important
- How to communicate:
- The change vision
- Reasons for the change
- Details about the change
- The impact on employees
- Progress of the change
- Framing each message
- Importance of being strategic and planful
- Audience considerations
- Timing of messages
- Communication channels/methods
- Choosing the right senders
- Emotional resonance
- Overview of the Coach role
- Different ways people react to change
- Addressing resistance and barriers
- Identifying training needs
- Creating a training plan
- Building confidence
- Developing a growth mindset
- Importance of keeping employees engaged
- Building team cohesion
- Encouraging resilience
- Reinforcement methods (rewards, recognition)
- Creating a network of coaches (managers, super users, ambassadors)